To retrofit headlights simply means installing better lighting components internally – often using HID or LED projectors.
- Obtain the upgraded lighting components (projectors, bulbs, ballasts, shrouds, wiring)
- Open your existing headlights (usually with heat or at their seams)
- Cut/Fabricate the new projectors & shrouds in
- Affix the components in a safe, well-aligned & sturdy manor
- Reseal the headlights, reinstall on the vehicle & test
Now this is a very quick/basic explanation of how a retrofit works and is put together. If you’d like more in depth info, give us a shout!